View Single Post
Old 11-20-2009, 07:18 PM   #5
that_guy
Stock

that_guy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MA70-3.0GT View Post
I very nearly asked WTF is a torque convertor doing on a manual... Anyway, now I know that was a misprint what I wanted to say was why was the tranny removed in the first place? Have you any background on the car & if whatever fault it had (people don't usually strip a car for fun) was repaired?

Or are you short of background so just going the route of putting back togather to find out what needs doing? Just wondering because if I was given/inherited a car with an autobox out of it, I'd be sorely tempted to buy a manual box, clutch & pedalbox & convert the beastie...

Either way, best of luck & hope it all works when you get it on the floor again. Everything crossed!

P.S. Oh I do love the shape of the MA61, I've barely got the 70 project off the ground & I know what the next one wants to be!!!
yes yes, i know. miss print. my bad. well, i was using the engine as a learning aid. the whole thing came to me in pieces. I learned tons. but its time to get everything back together and in a car. i do appreciate the thought, and I have considered going manual several time. but.. this is a learning aid. looks like i get to learn something new.
that_guy is offline   Reply With Quote