View Single Post
Old 11-17-2009, 04:02 PM   #1
Green7mgte
Supra Forum Moderator

Green7mgte is on a distinguished road
Default Coolent hose leak. probably heater core

Hi. First I would like to say thanks to everyone. I have been lurking for a few years, reading and finding solutions to my problems. Never had a problem I couldn't find an answer to. Even now with my Coolant leak problem I know what to do just simply by reading post topics. but Ill dive into my details to see any feedback.

Same problems and others, refilling my overflow tank every day. I decided to take a look and discovered a steady stream of coolant from the bottom of the car to the ground around the front two corners of my oil pan. Started checking the usual suspects, Thermostat and variouse other front ez accessible hoses. The location of the pooling and dripping made me suspect the leak was comming from someplace near the Firewall. I haven't been able to locate the exact source of the drip. Those hoses are a pain to get to with a fully intact moter. Also adding into the mix an exaust leak. so all my wires and hoses are a bit greezy on the passenger side.

Thanks to all for posting the diagrams and hose placements. those really come in handy for a novice like myself. I still get antzy being under my car. If thats any relation to how green to moter repaire I am. Anyone else Locate and repaire heater core inlet / outlet hoses w/o disassembling the moter for an ez reach? thanks in advance
Green7mgte is offline   Reply With Quote