View Single Post
Old 11-16-2009, 04:33 AM   #4
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Andrew. View Post
Thanks Cre,

I got everything you said with a W58 trans tho and electric fans. For that igniter does it have to be off of a 7mgte. also is there any little parts that go for the GTE_(electronics, switches, relays, valves) My supra is an 1989 and the turbo motor i got is from an 89 :-) so the harness and ecu are most likely good ++
Yes, it requires the GTE igniter. The relay's and fuses are largely the same but you'll also need to swap in the injector resistor pack from a GTE as the 89 N/A didn't use one. The 89+ N/A's used high impedance injectors where all the rest of the MKIII's used low. Trying to use low impedance injectors on a high impedance ECU will destroy either the injectors or the ECU. I can't think of anything else right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camdiddy View Post
Cre...I have a 86.5 that i want to swap a gte motor into, since no turbos were made in 86.5 will a 87 or 88 harness work without many issues? Thanks
The dash harness is pretty much the same as the 87 and 88.... you should be just fine there. It's the same deal as swapping a 87 or 88.
cre is offline   Reply With Quote