View Single Post
Old 11-16-2009, 04:28 AM   #7
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MA70-3.0GT View Post
cre-: Given that the JDM ECU would actually have to pull timing any time that the EGR system is active the JDM 7M would make less power.

Shouldn't that be the USDM? JDM has no egr does it? Or do you mean that on the JDM it would have to pull the timing back in situations where the EGR would have been active if it were present?
If the JDM had EGR it could run more aggressive timing such as the USDM does when the EGR system is active.

Quote:
Interesting note on the GE ECU's containing both J & US maps though, especially if it turns out to be the same for the GTE lump's brain. If there was any specific advantage to one map we'd be able to swap without spending 100's on a new ECU.
I suppose, as you say there isn't any real power discrepancies between markets, the benefits would be limited to USDM owners just being able to remove the EGR both physically & "mentally" from their car...
As I said, it may be worth it just for the properly tuned timing maps.

Quote:
Though I wonder if the different maps are stored on seperate chips?
Nope, same chip IIRC.
cre is offline   Reply With Quote