View Single Post
Old 11-15-2009, 02:33 PM   #7
MA70-3.0GT
12psi boost

MA70-3.0GT is on a distinguished road

cre you are a superstar, I'll print those out & go and have a look tomorrow (was going to have a play today as it's nice and sunny for a change, but as sod's law would have it the clutch cable snapped on my bike & by the time I'd bodged a bolt on the end of that & got down there, the place was all locked up!)

I can't honestly recall where the pipe from the top of the TB was routed to but I think it did go to something dangerously similar to that rectangular thing (p/n 77740) on the first diagram.

Bit new to me all this charcoal canister business, I guess it must be to do with evaporative emissions control as it's routed to the tank. (I'm guessing that if pressure builds up in the tank the fumes get vented through the canister/pulled into the manifold or something similar?) all my other cars have been either diesel or non-evap. equipped petrol...
Anyhow, I don't think it's done much good for the last few years on my car as the cap was left off the filler!!! Good job the flap was shut or the fuel tank would be more of a fish tank with the weather here of late.

Thanks again for those diagrams, I'm pretty sure everything's where it should be but now I can be 100% sure.

'89 Honda NC27 400, NC23 cams, open pipe, PC36a shock & possibly Showa USD forks...

'83 Yamaha 29R XJ750E-II, number 69 off the line, only runner in the country? Original except Koni shocks

'95 Honda PC26 CB500R, Winter hack, hateful, trying to sell it
I'm not paranoid, they really ARE after me!!!

Last edited by MA70-3.0GT; 11-15-2009 at 02:36 PM.
MA70-3.0GT is offline   Reply With Quote