View Single Post
Old 11-15-2009, 02:11 PM   #6
MA70-3.0GT
12psi boost

MA70-3.0GT is on a distinguished road

cre-: Given that the JDM ECU would actually have to pull timing any time that the EGR system is active the JDM 7M would make less power.

Shouldn't that be the USDM? JDM has no egr does it? Or do you mean that on the JDM it would have to pull the timing back in situations where the EGR would have been active if it were present?

Interesting note on the GE ECU's containing both J & US maps though, especially if it turns out to be the same for the GTE lump's brain. If there was any specific advantage to one map we'd be able to swap without spending 100's on a new ECU.
I suppose, as you say there isn't any real power discrepancies between markets, the benefits would be limited to USDM owners just being able to remove the EGR both physically & "mentally" from their car...

Though I wonder if the different maps are stored on seperate chips? That could be a significant breakthrough for people suffering an ECU software failure of some sort if they were able to simply add a link or extra resistor to make the ECU revert to another chip & hence start it working again, albeit in the other country mode.

P.S. milhouse, any pics of any JDM engine bay would be better than nothing. If you don't have the time or something then no worries, I don't wanna impose, but if your car's running OK as it is & all else fails I could try plumbing it as per yours... (That said, I had a play yesterday & I think it's just a fuelling problem now anyway. Think the injectors are gummed up & sticking/leaking, and the cold start wasn't even plugged in!)

EDIT-: no worries milhouse, cre came through with some cool diagrams of a JDM setup here http://www.toyota-supra.info/forums/...html#post74926 so I'm set.

Cheers, Dan.

'89 Honda NC27 400, NC23 cams, open pipe, PC36a shock & possibly Showa USD forks...

'83 Yamaha 29R XJ750E-II, number 69 off the line, only runner in the country? Original except Koni shocks

'95 Honda PC26 CB500R, Winter hack, hateful, trying to sell it
I'm not paranoid, they really ARE after me!!!

Last edited by MA70-3.0GT; 11-15-2009 at 02:35 PM. Reason: Sorted...
MA70-3.0GT is offline   Reply With Quote