View Single Post
Old 11-12-2009, 06:59 AM   #2
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

I recommend saving up some more and buying a pristine MKIII so you have to go and fix 1,000 things in the first 9 months... might sound like fun, but these cars are EXPENSIVE! Parts are not cheap and options are limited due to the rarity... find a good one first and save up more for upgrades after it'll be cheaper in the long run.

EDIT: I just realized you're saying you've got 3K for the car AND 3K for repairs and parts... I'd shuffle that around a bit still... I'd expect to pay anything from $3K to $5K (closer to $5K) for an immaculate MKIII with a rebuild and some decent mods already in place... leaving $1K to $3K for additional repairs. You'll still have to be patient to find a real gem though. Then, what you spend the remaining money on will depend entirely on how the car you've bought was already equipped.

Last edited by cre; 11-12-2009 at 07:03 AM.
cre is offline   Reply With Quote