View Single Post
Old 11-05-2009, 12:25 AM   #1
campbell.w03
Stock

campbell.w03 is on a distinguished road
Default Wiring/ECU Issues

I have an 87 7mgte that I bought off a kid in Richmond, and he had pretty much mangled everything under the hood of the car. About a week ago, the EGR cooler plate blew out, caught a coolant hose on fire, and toasted my wiring harness. Picked up a new harness from a local junkyard, and soldered in the new chunk to replace the burned chunk. Anyways when I finished everything and went to start the car it wouldn't catch. I have spark and I have fuel coming through the fuel line, I dont know yet if the injectors are getting a pulse. The computer is giving me code 22, water temp sensor failing, and code 32, MAF sensor failing. Now I have 2 questions. One, would either of those 2 codes cause the car not to start? But what I am thinking is that when the wiring harness melted some wires crossed over and shorted out the ECU, but theres no way in hell I'm going to shell out cash for a new ECU if thats not the problem. So question number 2, does anyone here know if there is a breakout box that toyota made for this car, and does anyone know where I could find a chart with each pin, which wire runs from it, what its voltage is at acc, idle, low rpm, high rpm, normal operating range, etc.? If i could find the chart the breakout box could probably be made after a trip to radioshack anyway...
campbell.w03 is offline   Reply With Quote