View Single Post
Old 11-02-2009, 06:04 AM   #24
dannydavi
12psi boost

dannydavi is on a distinguished road

ok so figured out where the hose went to. It turns out that this may have come out of a RHD car and thus the capped ends on the hardpipe were on dif sides on my two engines. On the new engine it is capped with a metal cap on the driver side. On the old engine it was hose capped on the passenger side and on the driver side a hose went up into the firewall directly above it. I just bought a longer hose and went from passenger side of engine to driver side firewall.

But all in all I got the car running now, working on timing and idle and the such at this moment. Right now i have it idling and i believe at the correct timing. but idle is kinda high-ish.. 900 or so, umm there are still a couple of vacuum lines i gotta figure out what to do with since i deleted the EGR on it. Anyone do an EGR delete before? any info on this would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

And yes CRE I agree, I would never cap a hose unless it was meant to be capped, or of course i was lead to believe it was supposed to for some reason. The cap i put on was capped before, i just had to repair a leak to the old cap, which i'm not certain was supposed to be capped but it's how it was when i got the car, so i would be curious to know if yalls is capped too on the passenger side back of exhaust.

EDIT: ok that second link you posted show's it capped. Thats good to know thanks man! appreciate it
ToyotaPart.com
MKIIITSRM

Last edited by dannydavi; 11-02-2009 at 06:16 AM.
dannydavi is offline   Reply With Quote