Thread: Which car?
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2009, 03:37 AM   #4
86.5supra
3" Exhaust

86.5supra is on a distinguished road

first Beals you must love doing things backwards. I have done both 7mge to 7mtge swaps and auto to manuel swaps. It is much easier to swap a tranny than it is an engine. Plus if your planning on turbocharging a 7mge your crazy. I'm not sure if you understand what you really have to do to make that work. In a nut shell you are trying to build a 7mgte out or a 7mge.

Now for the supra you should buy the car you want Dont just settle for what you find right of the bat. I did that for my first supra and ended up with an 1986.5 N/A 5spd. Its taken me about 12 to 15 Grand to get that car where I want it and i love it now. Second try to stay away from one with a Targa Top, they are heavier and have a ton of body roll. I have an 88 Targa Turbo that is a great sunday driver, but you can really feel that thing move side to side when you push it into corners.

If the car you are looking at has had modifications or claims to have modifications DEMAND to see all work receipts and build sheets. If they tell you they dont have them either there cousins friend did the work. Or there full of shit. No one who puts thousands of dollars into a car should keep the receipts. Oh ya dont buy any car with out paperwork or a salvage title.
86.5supra is offline   Reply With Quote