View Single Post
Old 10-30-2009, 02:25 PM   #42
AAPSuprabuilder
Stock

AAPSuprabuilder is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cre View Post
I'm going to be disgustingly blunt here... if you don't like it, I'll apologize in advance... I'm sorry.

The parts store guy is a F@#$ing idiot and you really need to find a mentor to help you out while you learn your way around the engine bay.

There is NO WAY a running engine will get WET oil on the plugs much less soak the THREADS which happen to be outside of the combustion chamber! NONE! The parts guy is an idiot and you've got leaking valve covers or the bolts which hold down the No3 gasket.

Wet oil around the plug wires can cause shorts to ground and a heavy miss... the fact that replacing them makes it feel better for a while is because each time you pull them you're dumping all the oil that was surrounding them into the cylinder and thus eliminating the real problem for a little while.

A plug which has seen burning oil is black, but it's dry.

I hope you never work on a car ever. especially if you dont know what spark plug problems are...
If a plug is wet. that means one of 3 things....

bad valve covers (most likely not)
blown head gasket and oil getting into the combustion chamber
or piston rings are shot.

maybe you should watch who u call names at a parts store especially if your the one with the issue not knowing whats going on... just saying.
AAPSuprabuilder is offline   Reply With Quote