Thread: warming up?
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2009, 03:15 AM   #20
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

The CC is part of the Evap system (Evaporative emissions); It has nothing to do with the EGR system. I've already discussed the CC's routing and the reason for the BVSV's connection being essential for a number of reasons including: fuel pump longevity and fuel tank pressure control... I'm not going to discuss this any further. Get another BVSV from any 80's through mid 90's Toyota at a salvage yard... pick up a couple as they run over $100 new.

I will add, because I don't recall if I mentioned it specifically, that routing the CC straight to the intake can cause added richness at startup and lean the fuel setup once the engine has sucked all the gasoline vapors out of the engine creating a vacuum in the fuel tank... fix the damned thing and then you won't have to keep worrying if that's the problem.

Hose temperature means dick.. the area in front of the radiator sees great cooling. Watch the level of the coolant in the reservoir; note where it is when the engine is cold and note where it is when it is hot (I believe the proper level for each is marked on all of the overflow tanks, not just mine). If the level doesn't change then you have excessive air in your coolant system and.... you guessed it... a leak. A leak includes coolant leaking into the coolant chamber or getting blown out of the over flow tank due to combustion gasses escaping the cylinder into the coolant system at high RPMs. A lithmus test (acidity test to the guy at the parts store) will tell you if your HG is allowing gasses into the coolant.
cre is offline   Reply With Quote