View Single Post
Old 10-24-2009, 12:06 AM   #16
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

The thermostat neck you have installed apperas to be either a pre89 or N/A version (I can't remember which vehicles those were for... The were on ALL 89+ GTEs though, I know that to be a fact); it's hard to tell for sure.. crap angle cut it off i the pic. If so it has only two ports and thus those idiots saw fit to simply delete the BVSV... it's not the cheapest part and it is essential. Running it off straight vacuum will increase the wear of the fuel pump's impellers.

The turbo's oil supply may be capped, plug the drain too. The coolant line MUST continue, don't cap it. Gut the internals of the turbo if you're going to be driving like this for a while, if any small bits were to get sucked into the intake you can do MAJOR damage in less than one second. Fortunately the IC will act as a filter to a digree, but you need to gut the turbo and thoroughly flush the IC and intake piping asap.
cre is offline   Reply With Quote