Thread: Is this oil?
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2009, 03:09 PM   #14
Krem
3" Exhaust

Krem is on a distinguished road

yup, that's my situation... 2 bdroom apt, no garage.. I'm sure I can do more than just check my oil... but my know how extends to brake jobs, alternators, and basic understanding of some of the parts and components on the car.

I still don't think she's a pile... but I think the work I've had done since I've had her has tainted her. First one was auto shop that wanted to fix stuff that was new or didn't need fixing. Even wanted $450 each control arm before they'd replace the bushings to do my wheel alignment.. when I had the brakes done and the wheels came off, the control arms looked like new... I wouldn't be surprised if this shop set my distributor up to snap the shaft since it happened 4 days later.

Between the time it was at this shop and she died for the distributor issue, I did have my brakes done... all 4 wheels' pads and front rotors were replaced, rear rotors were turned.. so I wouldn't be surprised if they guy didn't release pressure before pushing the caliper piston back... thus creating the leak I have now... the only thing I knew of wrong with my car was the coolant smell, but even having it parked for weeks, never saw coolant touch the ground.. so that should be a fun leak to check for :\.
Krem is offline   Reply With Quote