View Single Post
Old 10-18-2009, 07:48 PM   #1
fail
Stock

fail is on a distinguished road
Default Soon to be a mk3 owner!

Hi all, first thread but I've been reading around a bit. Anyways I may be buying this supra: http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/1417033027.html

It's a 7mge with 148k miles, but the head gasket, the catalytic converter, and radiator all have been replaced at 130k miles. It's my first car and all that I can afford to buy ($2000 budget). Checked it out today it looks nice, great condition for its age, but I know that once I have it I'm going to want to mod it.

First thing I'm going to do is remove any excess weight, then I read about replacing the intake exhaust and headers before anything else. Are there any good brands that I should look out for? I'm really just looking for easy mods that I can do myself, since I don't have access to a full garage or the money to do a full engine swap (it would cost way more than I'd like to spend to replace the engine with a 1jz or a 7mgte).

I'm basically asking how to get the most horsepower out of this 7mge without a full engine swap or turbocharging it. Just bolt on D.I.Y. mods please, like a new intake, exhaust, muffler, etc. Recommend me some stuff because I feel like if I do something without asking I'll lose money or screw something up Thanks!
fail is offline   Reply With Quote