Thread: Supra 87 7mge
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2009, 05:26 AM   #1
CanadianBak'inSupra
Official hall monitor / search nazi - NO SOUP FOR YOU!

CanadianBak'inSupra is on a distinguished road
Default Supra 87 7mge

Hi, im new to the site,
Just sold my 1985 supra, and recantly upgraded to a 87 7mge and deciding to restore the interior, and get some extra hp

First off, if anyone has any suggestions, when the car idols "some times" it wants to die a bit and drops down to 200-300 rpms, but i just give it some gas and it goes away...
i never have the problem when driving, (accel/ deccel) Possibly air/ gas problem, or ecu is going slowly??

secondly, motor was recantly rebuilt, and its got head/w new exhaust,
was thinking of buying some nice cams, any other suggestions, to start me off in the hp direction...
also some one played with distributer, and car is laim until it hits 3500rpm, then car jumps forward with all ist power.(also has a bit of a flat spot in acceleration ...) anyone know anything about setting it back to stock?? cant seem to find anything about it in my haynes repair manual... and its pissing me off because my 85 supra with 170 hp had more bottem end hp plz help me fix...

would love to get some ideas/ thought/ opinions anything would help from people who are driving same car thanks!!!
pics comin soon
CanadianBak'inSupra is offline   Reply With Quote