View Single Post
Old 10-17-2009, 12:17 AM   #26
86.5 7MGE
3" Exhaust

86.5 7MGE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krem View Post
I'm looking to do this fix too, since I live in vegas and w/o a fan shroud on the crank fan, I'm at high risk for over heating next summer. Luckily that means I have time to save and do homework on the project. However, I still have come across some questions I'm hoping someone can answer for me rather than me asking the manufacturer themselves.

I have a 7mge that was manual, is now automatic... Looking into:
Aluminum Radiator and Aluminum Dual Fan Shroud

However, I noticed that the radiator says 86-92 manual. Why's the transmission type make a difference? Are the radiators different specs/sizes? Since I can't find any aluminum radiators for an automatic, I have to think it doesn't matter... but if it didn't matter, why do they specify manual? Same applies to the fan shroud since that's the radiator it'd best mount up to...

Am I SOL cause I have an automatic? maybe stuck with using Elec. fan mounted to radiator? or can I do this upgrade on the auto? Further more, if I mount the single fan to my existing radiator or upgrade the radiator and throw in the dual elec. fan shroud assembly, do I pull the fan off the crank? or does that stay for weight balance?
First of all you definitely want to pull the manual fan off if you put electric ones on because that's going to more problems than solutions and plus I don't think you could get the dual fans on without pulling the clutch fan off. The difference between the auto and manual radiators is that the automatic radiator has transmission coolant line connections which you need versus the manual which doesn't have any use for them.
NGK Wires and Plugs
Hi Flow CAT
MR Muffler
Super Coil
Techna Fit Brake lines
Clear Corner Turn Signal Lens
Projector Head Lights
Evo Fog Lights
Evo Body Kit
Soon ---> 3'' Exhaust
86.5 7MGE is offline   Reply With Quote