Thread: Is this oil?
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2009, 07:19 PM   #6
Krem
3" Exhaust

Krem is on a distinguished road

well, it could be anything now I'm guessin... not really sure...

Shady auto mechanics that inspected my car (wouldn't let them work on it after trying to take me for a fool) told me I had oil pan gasket split, but the two weeks prior, I hadn't noticed any leaks... and even when I had my oil changed earlier that morning at my buddy's jiffy lube, my buddy looked over the car and said I got a good deal... no leaks... no crack in gasket...

We had a couple of cold days here in vegas, and it was after that I noticed the oil? on the ground.. I tried to collect more in a cup, but after I noticed it, the weather was warmer and nothing was leaking... so I thought it could very well be oil seaping thru the crack in the gasket... then thought maybe this could be why my timing got fucked... cam shaft/valves not getting lubed right and not rotating as they're supposed to? (eh, sounds likely anyways)

Another concern of mine is it might be coolant. Tho I saw an amber color moreso than green... I pulled my #6 plug wire and the wire itself had some condensation build up on the sides... something that would only be present if water were heated to a vapor inside the compartment... so I'm also worried it could be a BHG leaking coolant...

However, shop called after trying to run diags on my car... fuel pump and pressure checked good :\.. getting spark all the way thru to the plug... has compression as well.. Was told my battery was dead? (was good when I parked her 3 weeks ago) and my computer codes were all cleared out as a result... so I'm really hoping the problem isn't ECU related...

Atm, they're going to pull o2 sensor and test exhaust system... then timing if that doesn't fix it. I'm just afraid it's going to be ECU and I'll now be liable to pay for o2 sensor labor and work done on the timing since they couldn't find anything wrong under their diagnostic tests... and all said and done, after dropping several hundred between tows and labor costs, I've still got a broken car till I can buy a new ECU...

Anyone that can ease my whoa's by debunking my logic? or is this a very likely probability I might be facing really soon?
Krem is offline   Reply With Quote