Thread: Is this oil?
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2009, 05:36 PM   #1
Krem
3" Exhaust

Krem is on a distinguished road
Default Is this oil?

So my car's been sitting about 3 of the 5 weeks I've owned it... the first two weeks driving it, I noticed no leaks... two weeks after having parked it... no leaks... yesterday, I see a new puddle of oil? pooling up on the asphault. It looks grimey on the asphault and it's under the frame that passes under the steering column and driver seat.. but the leak is up further towards the front left wheel well almost.

I saw what looked like fluid beading on the bottom of the frame and slid my hand across it... it was very slick, chipped of some paint? from the frame and had a light beige color with it's transparency. I did have an oil change before I had to park the car.. and I'm worried this might be oil.. It's very viscous... slippery and frictionless... also stays on my hand till I brush dirt/sand/cat litter across it... regardless how much I was or wipe my hands.

My car has been parked for last 3 weeks on a suspected fuel pump issue, or fuel system related issue in nature.. and since the puddle is off-set from the center of the car where I would expect oil to normally drip... is there a chance this could be fuel (tho I don't really see it evaporating from the asphault) or does this sound like oil is trickling down something till it gets to the frame and drops to the ground from there? Finally, wondering if this brings back memories for anyone that might be able to narrow my search parameters for when I get this car on the lift this weekend?
Krem is offline   Reply With Quote