View Single Post
Old 09-24-2009, 07:18 AM   #1
pinkgyrl
Stock

pinkgyrl is on a distinguished road
Default Give a girl a brake and help her out? ;)

Any help appreciated.

I have a 1998 stock Supra; I purchased it in 1998, and I've been the only owner. It's never had any mechanical problems except for last year when the heater stopped getting hot (hehe...so many bad pun opportunities here...grin)

The "check engine" light came on last week. When you push the gas down nothing happens until you push it to the floor, and then it will accelerate. Every once in awhile, it will "jump" back into normal driving mode and be fine for an acceleration. It's had a diagnostic, which my apologies - I am not a mechanic, the first showed a failed thermostat (it's been replaced) and the second code indicated that the throttle sensor was bad - this has also been replaced now after waiting 3 days for the part. After these two parts were replaced, the car ran fine on the test drive. After it ran and then sat for awhile, the same problem started all over again. Any ideas at all? My roommate works a repair shop, but he hardly has any free time during the day to spend on it - so, I'm stranded currently.

Thanks for reading!
Wendy
pinkgyrl is offline   Reply With Quote