View Single Post
Old 09-23-2009, 11:36 PM   #42
Krem
3" Exhaust

Krem is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonjoe View Post
Put the fuel pump fuse back in and connected the spark coil. Set the distributor to half way and shut the door.

Key in – turn, it starts.

OIL pressure gauge climbs up to normal pressure. Enough for the night.

Where might I find the fuel pump fuse on the mk3? I'd rather check for this and make sure that's not my problem before I go replacing the fuel filter and/or pump.. also, is this fuse the same thing as the fuel pump relay (which I think is located above the right front wheel well just under the hood?)

Also, what is "normal" oil pressure... this is the first car I've owned where I have a guage for oil pressure and within the two weeks of driving the car, I've noticed it'll go up around 40 psi when I start her up cold... within a few minutes, she's down to 10~12 psi and will build up to 20~25 with engine use/revs... Does this sound normal? too low? Maybe there's something I can check for or do to help keep the pressure up a bit more? Looking at the TSRM, it sounds like i'm running at the minimal threshold for oil pressure, but I also think: "It's nat. aspired... not a turbo, so the pressure shouldn't be towards the high end." but I'm no mechanic... two yrs of HS auto shop (one 9th and other in 12th grade) over a decade ago, I'm not as sharp on the subject as I'd like to be.
Krem is offline   Reply With Quote