View Single Post
Old 09-21-2009, 09:51 PM   #1
Krem
3" Exhaust

Krem is on a distinguished road
Default trick to TPS install?

The TPS sensor I thought might have been bad on my car was replaced to only have the issue remain present. After reading thru the forums here today, I've seen some comments regarding timing as well as installation of the TPS... however, I've not seen direct instructions and curious if I did the job right, or if I pre-emptively flagged the TPS as non-problematic?

I removed the tps from the throttle body and installed the new one in the same manner... so that when the throttle was opened, the tabs inside the tps would press the backside of tps internals and rotate them. The other alternative was to put the tabs on the front side, but when throttle was opened, the TPS doesn't rotate...

So far, up till now, I think I've got the TPS unit in correctly... if I'm going from an 87 OEM TPS to another 87 OEM TPS, is there any more interaction required here? Like I saw, some members have mentioned timing... I'm just afraid I might have had the fix in place, and ignored it because something else wasn't done first or as a follow up procedure...
Krem is offline   Reply With Quote