View Single Post
Old 09-18-2009, 11:53 PM   #1
ma70Joe
Stock

ma70Joe is on a distinguished road
Question Knocking and now it doesn't start

Hey everyone,

I was driving my Supra with my mother the other day and it started to make a knocking sound when I shifted into 4th gear. I kept driving until it became extremely noticeable and then I pulled over. I didn't know what the problem was, but I stopped the car and opened the hood and let it cool off. With the original 7M-GTE engine in it I think it over heats a lot. Anyway I ended up waiting about 10 minutes and then I began to drive it. Then the knocked returned and it was even louder than before. I was about 7 miles from home and I started to drive back. It got so loud and when I would shift up the car would shut off while driving. Power braking, steering, everything! So I only ended up getting 2 miles before I head a pop and then the car just died. I was able to roll it into a parking lot and when I opened the hood, green radiator liquid was slashing all over the place. I didn't get any into the engine but my inter cooler was soaked in it. It leaked all over the place and I ended up walking home. I ended up towing it home where it leaked in my garage, I think it even leaked oil.

So could someone tell me what they think happened to it? When I try to start it, it makes a short click and doesn't even fire. Did I blow the engine or is it something to a lesser extent?

Any input is greatly apperciated, Thank you