View Single Post
Old 09-08-2009, 02:24 AM   #2
pwpanas
Supra Owner

pwpanas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by geli View Post
I recently purchased my dream car of a mk4 supra, except that it is auto and n/a, i have found some jdm 2JZ GTE motors for fairly good prices and am wondering how much work goes into this swap, if the 2JZ GTE is automatic as well? I have read about this on this forum a bunch and am pretty sure some1 is going to tell me to have the TSRM with me and someone who knows what they are doing, If I were to do it with a few buddys with the TSRM and no experience on Supras just civics and miata's how hard would this swap be? I also would like to know if the USDM wire harness/ECU will work with this motor with a programmable ECU?
Th swap isn't a lot of work, IF all you want is the 2JZ-GTE. In other words, you won't get the braking power/abs, transmission, suspension or differential that you would have gotten with a TT chassis. Also, although the engine swap sin't a lot of work, you do need a lot of parts you might not expect...like a new ECU, a completely different primary harness, ignitor, injector resistor pack, maf, etc.

I believe that you can run the 2jz-gte with the oem n/a auto tranny, but my guess is that it won't last long...especially if you 'bpu' the 2jz-gte.

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.
pwpanas is offline   Reply With Quote