View Single Post
Old 09-04-2009, 03:37 AM   #7
Royal_Image
Stock

Royal_Image is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gossioii View Post
Wow, this is very useful.. Thanks for sharing this and hoping I could implement it too.
ya pw is right on it, the 2jz motor is pretty much a bullet proof motor, good internals and everything, run forver if you do basic maninitance, i recently just got a 2j with 196xxx miles that runs good, had the 3xxx mile oil change and spark plugs wire ect, and it just had the valve cover go out, not too much goes bad on these, the only down side is that when th word "2jz" come sup, parts can tend to be a little more spendy. But on the other hand, they come stock with good gaskets, good parts so not much ever goes wrong unless neglected, but even then they can still handle it.

Also as PW was sayin if you were plannin on going turbo deffintatly find a shop that knows what there doing haha, and also look for the upgraded brakes caus they are nice, ive put em on all the toyota's ad lexus's ive owned. And as for the turbo you pic it depends on what you wanna do, the TT setup i love, due to the quick spool and long lasting power hold, a single turbo will pull mor epower but it takes time for it too spool, kinda a give and take thing.

Ultimatley the mk4 or pretty much supras in general are amazing my friend, if your planning on getting one, good coice you wont be dissapointed, hope it helps
Royal_Image is offline   Reply With Quote