View Single Post
Old 08-15-2005, 07:41 PM   #4
huggybear16
Stock

huggybear16 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
You will need either a late 89 or newer front cross member or these mounts:

1jz mounts

You'll need the power steering lines from an MKIV as well as the throttle cable from the MKIV. If you want the A/C to work, you need the compressor head from your 7M. The wiring is the biggest issue, you need to extend the wiring harness a couple feet (I've heard as little as 18") and I'm not sure, but I don't know if the NA tach will work with the JZ computer...I have yet to get an answer on this one.

In order to do the 5 speed swap, it'd be best to have a front clip w/ a 5speed in it just to have a donor for all the components like master cylinder and all that jazz...otherwise, the 5 speed stuff from a USDM 7M supra will work...you have to have the R154 trans...but the 1JZ bellhousing is a must. A friend who did another JDM swap (All-trac 3SGTE into NA Auto Celica) said you need the pedals from a USDM car too, because they are different in the JDM car...I don't know if this is applicable to the 1JZ swap, but I wouldn't take any chances. Then bet on a few other misc expenses...I wouldn't jump into this project w/o at least $5,000 alocated to it....you may come in less, maybe way less...but I'd expect the worst and hope for the best.
thanks yall, I belive i might just put a 7mgte in it, what all do you have to mod to drop it in, also yall have any links for front clip sales??
huggybear16 is offline   Reply With Quote