View Single Post
Old 08-07-2009, 11:19 AM   #4
pwpanas
Supra Owner

pwpanas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by s13_2jz View Post
...1) a car as You tell costs a lot of money here in Europe.. also because the I'll want to spend other money for development.. so, in every case, i want changed internal components...
Sorry I don't understand. Why waste $ on "changed internal components"? The gt4202r is a 1000hp turbo, which perfectly matches the strength of the oem 2jz-gte internals.
Quote:
...2) yes, i know also this, but i have thinked that a "new racing" 2jzgte is very reliable when I'll go on usually 700hp with gt4202r on 20/22 psi (and rarely to 800hp).. for me it's important that the engine is reliable (otherwise, i put a big turbocharger on sr20det to have about the same power o a little less, but with a weight inferior of 250/300 lbs)...
Unfortunately, the way to improve 2jz-gte reliability at 1000hp has nothing to do with internals - it has to do with what kind of fuel you run. Run too low octane fuel (for a given max psi boost), and it'll detonate which ruins aftermarket or factory internals equally well. Run enough octane and your reliability is ensured. For 22psi max/peak, you'll need at least 100 MON octane to ensure reliability. E85 would do, and so would a very good meth/water injection system together with 93 R+M/2 fuel.
Quote:
...the VVTi 2jzgte I've read in internet (so, never of sure) that is inferior to the other 2jzgte, but I don't remember if it was reported at the reliability, or at the final power in development or at the behavior....
I don't think it's less reliable...it's just that it's (slightly) more complicated to work with. Also, choices for the intake-side aftermarket cams are more limited.
Quote:
...You have written: "The v160 is about $6K USD" .. Where? And what it means? new gearbox or probably new internal components of gearbox? (for me it's important only that it bears high power)
About $6,000.00 United-States Dollars (USD), from Toyota.

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.
pwpanas is offline   Reply With Quote