Old 08-03-2009, 11:38 AM   #208
bglover84
Stock

bglover84 is on a distinguished road
Default Re:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony View Post
Just read the whole thread. Impressive.

I just got a 1988 Supra Turbo last week... 182k miles, 5-speed, targa top, leather seats, and a BHG (obviously)
It's really bad, oil everywhere! radiator's filled with it, you can see the tips of the spark plugs in a sea of oil surrounding them, very dirty engine bay that will require the help of a case of brake cleaner.
Got the head off tonight, and I feel like I should replace more and more parts while I'm doing this.
I already bought an upper gasket set, air filter, NGK plugs, wires, pcv valve, thermostat/gasket, hood shocks, ARP head bolts, all 3 belts... I need some new vacuum hoses, a lower radiator hose (cause I cut it off) and the flex exhaust pipe that leads out of the turbo to the downpipe (because I ripped it off) oil, oil filter, antifreeze...
My fuel injectors look pretty bad, and I have a question about those actually... they are 440cc injectors stock, how high could I go before I had to upgrade my fuel pump? Would 550cc be okay?

Anyways, this thread is a nice guide, and I'll get pics up soon of mine. Luckily I'm not working in the snow :P

Congrats on the Supra purchase, to answer your question, most people upgrade to 550cc injectors which requires a Lexus AFM and upgraded fuel pump (usually people buy the Walbro 255 LPH fuel pump)
bglover84 is offline   Reply With Quote