View Single Post
Old 07-28-2009, 10:04 PM   #1
Mahonri
Intake

Mahonri is on a distinguished road
Default Questions on typical wear and tear

Im concerned with how much fluid my car seems to go through. About every 150-300 miles I am putting in a quart of oil, right now im using 5w20 which I think is too light not sure on that. I can't find any leaks coming from the car. I haven't checked the PCV yet, im still waiting on that for now. I think what I might try is a wet and dry test and see what my guides look like. Any other directions you guys could lead me in?

Second is the amount of radiator fluid that I go through. I seem to fill it up and within 2 weeks driving my light comes on indicating it is low again. Sure enough the reservoir is almost empty along with the radiator it self needing filling. I checked all around the radiator and saw nothing out of the ordinary, no cracks or leaks of any kind. The only solution I can think of is a flush? Again any other suggestions?

Lastly is white smoke coming from the exhaust. Now I know what your all thinking, BHG... But the other signs are non existent, and my oil is not milky at all. Now I want to be clear that the white smoke is apparent only when I haven't driven for a couple days to a week or more, and its only on the initial startup. it doesn't last long maybe a min or less. Could this be due to extra burn off after sitting for so long?

I appreciate any suggestions. I would like to keep the car but I am looking to get rid of it if I cant find a reasonable solution to these problems.

Thanks,
-Ryan
Mahonri is offline   Reply With Quote