View Single Post
Old 06-28-2009, 08:56 PM   #1
Metalli-child
Stock

Metalli-child is on a distinguished road
Default 86 Possible Motor Swaps

Ok so I don't officially own it yet but tomorrow (if all goes well) I'm picking up an 86 Supra with the N/A motor. It's got 125,000 on it, stick, and is actually in fairly good shape. Drives and brakes really nice, goes into each gear smooth, clutch grabs tight, etc etc. The interior is a little rough but it's not what gets you down the road.

Anyway, I've been looking around on eBay at different motors they have for sale and I was wondering what all can fit. The 161 hp rating off wiki doesn't impress me as much as the 220 hp from a 94 N/A I saw. I'd like to think one 3L I6 should fit where another was, but I know enough to know logic doesn't apply to cars. I'll probably be back with several hundred questions later on but for right now I just want to know if it's worth investing into say like a 2jz-ge or anything. A turbo isn't really necessary, I'm just looking to have a little fun and stomp the wannabe ricers around here in their stock Neons and Saturn SC2s. After 2 years in a mechanic's school I'd hope I can rebuild so I'm not worried about a perfect drop-and-go motor.

Also, if you've done a motor swap of any form, some sort of a dollar figure would be great. I'm pretty much a newbie to Supras. Thanks in advance for any help ^_^!
Metalli-child is offline   Reply With Quote