View Single Post
Old 06-26-2009, 11:25 PM   #9
pdudley42
Stock

pdudley42 is on a distinguished road

Carl.
Last weekend's autocross went well for us. 3 of our 5 drivers entered the car so we got a lot of shakedown time. It seems to handle well, very neutral. I think our diff is a viscous cause it wasn't much help (meh). Good power and torque. I found two concerns. One is bubbles in the coolant overflow. I don't think it's a headgasket because it would continue to bubble long after the engine was shut off. Probably a radiator cap, I'll find out on Sunday. The other disconcerting find was when it lost spark for a moment during a run and had to coast off the course. It cranked well and I could smell fuel, so I assumed no spark. I wiggled all the wires from the distributor and the coil and it started right up, never to fail again. This weekend I'll pull all those connectors apart and clean them and check for problems.
Had there been a little more time, I would have definitely gone for the autozone cheapies, as our shocks are definitely not helping much. Our car doesn't have detents for the shock settings, the screw just turns and turns with no indication that it's soing anything at all (meh).
I appreciate the advice on smoothness over aggression, I tend toward the latter. For enduros, however, you gotta make it last.
This Sunday should be our last work day except for paint.
Here is a photo frrom the autocross.
Paul
http://vermontracing.com/gallery2/ma...2_itemId=43500
pdudley42 is offline   Reply With Quote