Thread: 1jzgte Swap
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2009, 02:24 AM   #23
supra901JZ
Stock

supra901JZ is on a distinguished road

I have a question bout a swap. I just put a 1jz in my 90 supra and have been anxiously awaiting to hear it run however it turns over strong but wont start. i just replaced the fuel pump thinking that was the problem and after all the work to drop the tank i still came up with the same result. just curious if you would have any pointers or suggestions as to what it might be. Also is there anywhere i could get a book on the 1jz for servicing it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by supradaddy0803 View Post
By the way Nate car looks nice. On the subject of your question I have been there done that and Nate has to it would be easier to buy one that has already done the swap much cheaper. I will honestly say I bought my car for 1400 and invested a lot into it to go 1J on one hand it is worth it on the other it would be easier to start with a 89+ than with a 87 because of the differing mount issue. Another question I have for you is how mechanically savy are you because if you have someone do it for you then they are going to litterally rape you in the butt with a pine cone. The labor involved is decent and most places will charge 50 dollars a hour or more. Once I had all of the parts for mine it was a a few days worth of work in itself.
supra901JZ is offline   Reply With Quote