View Single Post
Old 05-17-2009, 01:23 PM   #1
curtains
Stock

curtains is on a distinguished road
Default Which engines best for track?

Ok I'm trying to build a track car and was wondering which engine would be BEST for this application, i'm after about 650whp and possiably more in future for what ever reasons. I plan on rebuilding any engine i get with forged internals. Moneys not the biggest issue, I'd concider any engine as long as i can easily get my hands on it(so please don't suggest a Ferrari engine or something cause i won't know where 2 find one). This is what I've come up with so far from my research.

2jz-gte is a obvious consideration, strong block, easily make high hp.

1uz another contender, more displacement also produces lots of power.

LS1 (iron block(iron block because i've read the aluminum block is only good up to 600hp)) American engine, 5.7L easy to produce power also, popular with American cars.

1uz with 2uz bottom, pretty much a 4.7L v8 with iron block.

I know the 2jz is a hero to alot, and i love it, but my concerns are turbo lag response, power band and weight. So is the 2jz even a close competitor(compared to the others) for a track car? cause i see the japanese swapped out the 2jz for a 3uz for the super GT.

please consider all variables as this engine won't just be for going straight and it will drive sometimes at low rpm's, concider, weight, response, power band, turbo lag etc.
curtains is offline   Reply With Quote