View Single Post
Old 05-15-2009, 07:26 PM   #4
pwpanas
Supra Owner

pwpanas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0t0xk1d View Post
so my guess is i should call him and get the vin# from both car and engine? then this is the ad 1987 Toyota Supra 2 87 toyota supras they are projects. just need completion everything is here. One has 2jzgte twin turbo eng. many parts. $1500obo. so yes that is the one out of a MKIV considering the what it is? im new to this and all even so if this guy is this retarded for selling them this low should i just reason withn the guy and buy the one tt for like 750 this guys seems dumb and i bet he would take around that. nwhat would be the best decesion to do this? then once i get the one tt but a n/a and do a swap ?
If that '87 has a 2jz-gte twin turbo engine, it's had a LOT of work done to swap the engines. If that 2jz-gte and the twin turbos are still in good condition, that alone would justify the $1500.

If you can verify one has a 2jz-gte (and it's not a scam, of course), I'd suggest you purchase it, sell the engine, and then strip the '87 carcass for parts before hauling it to the junkyard. The 2jz-gte in an '87 is a substandard combination, imho. After that, work hard and save up the rest of the $ you'll need to buy a true mkiv tt jza80, fully equipped, in good condition.

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.

Last edited by pwpanas; 05-15-2009 at 08:45 PM.
pwpanas is offline   Reply With Quote