View Single Post
Old 05-15-2009, 01:24 AM   #2
mirage83
12psi boost

mirage83 is on a distinguished road

You could do 1j or 2j if you'd prefer, but there's going to be more involved than just cleaning up the engine bay and dropping the new one in. There's a number of mods involved, some simple and some more involved. And yes, your ECU would have to be switched out, but that's not a real big deal.

Personally, unless you've just got a bunch of money sitting around I'd do a quality rebuild on your engine. Or, swap your N/A for a GTE. Either way will be simpler and you'll likely come out cheaper than going to a J series engine. J's are good though, no argument there.

Basically, I'd figure out what I was willing to spend to get my car running and plan accordingly.

JMHO.

Edit to add...

Who the heck did you buy that car from? Whoever it was I would go and "discuss" the situation with them. BHG's don't happen for no reason, and I would be very surprised if said previous owner/driver was completely unaware of what was going on with that engine. BTW, just for the record, a blown head gasket isn't really a reason to junk the whole engine, not unless there's a lot of other problems with it.

Last edited by mirage83; 05-15-2009 at 01:38 AM. Reason: edited to add comments
mirage83 is offline   Reply With Quote