View Single Post
Old 05-10-2009, 09:30 PM   #16
Bruno Molly
Stock

Bruno Molly is on a distinguished road
Default Check for Water in/on Fuse Box

The next time it happens run your finger across the Fuses in the fuse box and see if clears up...Sounds retarded doesn't it?? Mine did the same thing. I would be driving and it start Stuttering and spitting like a Mad lion cub spewing out black smoke like there was a Manual CHOKE on somewhere. Hardly any power, no boost. I could never find the problem...so I started checking the relays in the fuse box (While the car was running and acting like a child starving for some RIDDLIN) and raked my finger across the Fuses and it Cleared up! Weird as it seems, I think it was the EGR fuse causing the problem. When I took it out it looked like it had gotten Wet because the terminals had Oxidation on them like dried up water. Leaky Targa or something up under the windshield probably let water run down and get on my fuse box. I still occasionally get the same issue so I kick the fuse box while I am driving and Black Smoke and skipping Stops!! This may explain why it only happens to you when it RAINS...
Bruno Molly is offline   Reply With Quote