View Single Post
Old 05-07-2009, 10:53 PM   #8
citationls
Stock

citationls is on a distinguished road

As far as American cars versus import cars, I've heard that the union that american manufacturers made a while ago are now coming back to get them. And since they aren't selling as many cars the unions given to the workers is taking away too much money because they aren't making enough. So, they have to make lower quality cars that cost just as much to make up for the loss. Just a theory I heard.
But....I love the sound of the older muscle cars and the looks of them. Too bad imports can't be big block v8s. Considering how much power they get from 6 cylinders imagine how much they could get from 8
Anyways, as far as which car to get goes. I looked up which 3rd gen. models of firebirds are the fastest on a 0-60/quarter mile list and I think the fastest were the third gen. 90s formula, 91 trans am, and 90s gtas. But I want a standard so GTAs are kinda out. For supras I think 88 or 89 turbos were fastest at like .5 or 1 second behend those firebirds on 0-60 and 1/4 miles. And then of course theres the barracudas :P which I would love to have but could probably never afford or be able to find one. If I did I would bow down to it :P MR2s were another option. And I think thats it for affordable cars around the 6/7 0-60 time.
citationls is offline   Reply With Quote