Old 04-30-2009, 03:57 AM   #4
Bruno Molly
Stock

Bruno Molly is on a distinguished road
Default Hose location.....Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage83 View Post
The only line I can find on the bottom of my accordian hose is the
L-fitting out of the accordian and it's vacuum line which goes to the wastegate actuator. If that's not what you're referring to could you take a pic and post it for us?

Most of the owners I know have ended up spending the money and getting their PS high-pressure lines from a dealership. The quality is high and they generally last a good, long time. Check around before you buy, as not all stealerships are as abusive as others on their parts prices.
Ok...Thanks for the insight. I will look again tomorrow and take some fotos of the engine bay. In the mean time, I know you guys like visuals. Here are some Sucky Cellfone camera fotos of the restore....

These are some fotos I took 3 months ago when my son and I were at my paint shop. This car has been in the family for 12 years. I bought it for $400 bucks with a blown engine. From the looks of the engine when I got it home, it was either run too hot, or low on oil or both. there was melted sprayed aluminum residue on the valves and a couple of pistons had melted tops and one had a melted Hole in it. Weird. I already had an Engine and tranny from a wreck to put in a chevy luv but came across the MKIII thought it would just be better to get it and put the engine in there instead....Check out the handy work..

body prep

1 hour after the last coat of clearcoat...

Bruno Molly is offline   Reply With Quote