View Single Post
Old 04-12-2009, 04:16 PM   #1
skadaloz
3" Exhaust

skadaloz is on a distinguished road
Default replacing the head and headgasket

well since the exhaust studs on head decided to strip and blew the turbo manifold gasket off...ive decided to replace the head along w/ the headgasket...
had a little problem with the taking the head off b/c of the arp head studs, so i took 4 arp studs out from the back of the motor and still couldn't get it off so i tried to take out 2 more but i snap my allen socket...i was using 5mm allen socket, it didnt fit tight but 6mm was too big..

so does anyone know what the exact size for the ARP head stud for the 7mgte and the torque spec of the stud to the block and the nut torque?

i eventually got the head off and found out that it has a metal head gasket..it had like 4-5 layers and was pretty thick, like 3mm thick...so i was wondering if whoever did the head gasket b4, did it correctly b/c oil was leaking from the head gasket to the block and it was burning coolant...

i have my new/used head mill .010" , lapped the valves and changed the valve stem seals

i have my fel-pro head gasket set...and just waiting until i prep the block from oil/grease

does anyone have problems w/ the exhaust studs stripping b/c my new/used head has a few thats stripped? if you do tell me how you guys fixed it b/c i was thinking of retaping it to a bigger bolt/stud size

if anyone could answer my questions thats in BOLD would b greatly appreciated
skadaloz is offline   Reply With Quote