View Single Post
Old 03-22-2009, 09:18 PM   #1
christian9
Stock

christian9 is on a distinguished road
Default 89 supra-- way overpriced?

hi, brand new to the forum but frequent the 3rd-gen 4runner site.... I am considering getting a 3rd-gen supra. they are quite rare in nebraska, but i happened upon an ad for an 89 turbo with only 78k miles. leather interior; p/w; p/door locks; p/seat; cruise control; tilt/telescope steering wheel; auto transmission; new tires; no history accidents or body damage. It is totally stock except for aftermarket stereo, but he has the original too. I went and took a look at it yesterday and it is what he said. the driver's seat is worn where all toyotas wear, but otherwise it is about a 9/10 condition. he recently replaced timing belt and gaskets and seals about 4000 miles ago.
so.... he wants $8500 for it, and doesn't really need to sell it. He is a retired guy and it has been his 3rd car for years; I don't get the sense he needs the money, so i think he is pretty firm on price. Just looking for advice on price-- is it way too much? of course i would have it checked out by a mechanic first, but i would prefer seeing a car and having it checked out and not having to have it shipped like on ebay. thanks, i appreciate it.
christian9 is offline   Reply With Quote