View Single Post
Old 03-22-2009, 06:55 AM   #1
Suprafreak
Stock

Suprafreak is on a distinguished road
Default knocking around 2000-3000rpms

all right guys.. im new here and ive got a problem with my 87 n/a supra.. i bought this car at around 154xxx miles...everytime i start the car i hear knocking at around 2000-3000rpm. the knocking isnt always there.. when you acclerate slowly it's there but when you accelerate quickly its not there. its weird. the car idles like a new car until you rev it. the oil pressure at idle is about 20psi and then goes up to 40psi when you rev it. the previous owner has not started the car for 4 years because the starter failed on him and he didnt know it. i got the car last sunday. i gave the car a full tune up last wednesday. i put new oil, a new oil filter, i cleaned the air filter, and i put engine restore. ive been starting the car for about 10-20 minutes everyday and drviing it in the neighborhood.

i have alllll the maintenence records all the way from 87 and im the third owner now. the records show that it has been taken very good care of. can anybody help a brother out? does anybody know whats wrong?