View Single Post
Old 08-09-2005, 07:07 PM   #1
rnoswal
Lexus & 550's

rnoswal is on a distinguished road

I finally finished putting in my double core 26X19X3 racing radiator. I had to modifiy the upper outlet, curve it to head straight to the thremostat outlet and make a reducer for the bottom. Made my own mounting brackets and put in the 16" electric fan. It is ninety one right now, hotter on the freeway. I drove my old test loop and the guage never moved from the point it reached after the thermostat equalized.

I drove further and faster "AND" with out the heater being on at all. I set the controls to 65, turned it off and went cruising and the guage never moved... :lol: . Now when I can get to it I need to get an A/C pump and then hook it up and see how it does temp wise.

Happy Happy Joy Joy............so far.

I also modified the front springs on the car. I cut the top and next coil. Too much, it rubs. I had to put a couple of rubber spring strengtheners between the coils to make it drivable and it helped some. One more bumper in each spring should do it. One thing I did notice thought is that the car really rolls in the turns. I have what looks like a fairly decent roll bar up front, but my daughters Camaro handles flatter than this Supra. Well maybe that is the next step I guess. I still have a whole month or more of hot weather to make sure this is the fix, but it sure is starting out pretty good!
rnoswal is offline   Reply With Quote