Thread: 1g-gte
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2009, 09:40 PM   #9
Quint
Intake

Quint is on a distinguished road

Yeap, 1986 GA70 gen1 1GGTEu converted to manual, I'm guessing yours would have the Yamaha head also?.

1,200 American dollars?!?!?! i paid 200NZD (350NZD for a 4puk ceramic) for my clutch, there is no way to justify 1g (or 2g in NZD ) on a clutch replacement.

The job is piss basic and i recommend you do it yourself (if you have atleast an ounce of lego experiance ), half a dozen bolts on the bellhousing, 2 on the starter, take off the drive shaft hanger bearing pull out Dshaft, Pull out the center console (4 screws i think?) undo the gearstick, unbolt your slave cylinder, put jack under box take off the rear X member, hold the box steady wriggle it backwards as someone lowers the box down on the jack. (may need to move your exhaust slightly, my custom one gets in the way, not sure about factory).

Undo the half dozen bolts on the P/P take it off, pull out clutch, replace clutch , replace release bearing, replace p/p, and repeat the steaps i said above in reverse Easy as pie, takes me about 1hr to 1.5hrs. Theres a few triks involved in lining up the clutch splines and the gbox input spline, but it mostly takes patience.

While your there i'd replace the crank seal and the seal in the main input seal on the gbox.

For technical information on them, its not hard to find, just visit any Australian or New Zealand supra sites. We have a fair few running around.
Quint is offline   Reply With Quote