View Single Post
Old 03-03-2009, 12:01 AM   #2
pwpanas
Supra Owner

pwpanas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypherbku View Post
Ey everyone. So here's the deal. I'm looking for a Supra MK IV, but I have a few problems when it comes to finding one. First of all, I'm from Europe, Romania. The reason i posted the zone is because after a lot of searching on european sites, the only supras i found under 25k euro are right-hand drive. OK, so this is the first one. The second would be finding a RZ so it's 6-speed manual. Third, though not that problematic is finding one that's stock, not tuned. Fourth, one that doesn't cost 40something k. And fifth, add them all up. Maybe it's a little pretentious, but you know how it is. When you buy a car, you would rather have one that's ok from the start so you can drive it without any problems and get working on it(and when I say working on it I mean tuning, not changing stuff so you can DRIVE it). But maybe that's just me :P. I found some Supras even under 10k euros, all right-hand drive and Automatic. If I were to buy one I could change it to left-hand driving for about 5k Euro, but I don't think it's worth it(this is the kind of stuff i was talking about previously). Besides that, it isn't an RZ and it would cost a lot more to mount some turbos on it, not to mention it's Automatic. Some tips maybe? I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.
I'm sorry to say that this is a very rare car, relatively speaking, and one in good shape typically commands a higher-than-average price.

I'd advise against the conversion(s) you suggested...and just save up for the model/configuration that you prefer. For example, the auto->6spd conversion is very pricey and a LOT of work:
MKIV.COM

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.
pwpanas is offline   Reply With Quote