View Single Post
Old 02-23-2009, 06:17 PM   #9
btwilson86
Super Moderator

btwilson86 is on a distinguished road

Back when I was living in SoCal, I found a place in Gardena off of eBay. That's where I got my motor from. I know some other people on this forum have given there opinion on who they think everyone should get JDM engines from, perhaps they'll chime in here as well.

IMO, if they're set up as a good business, give you a phone number that you can call a real, live human and talk, and if they include a picture of the actual engine for sale it's probably safe to buy from them. When you do buy your engine, look and see if they say what year and modle car the engine came out of. That way you can find one that'll be compatible with your ECU and gauge cluster (the lower redline from the counterbalancing).
Driftmotion 57trim CT26, Upgraded Intercooler, 2.25" Hard Pipes, 3" Turbo Back Exhaust with Test Pipe, HKS VPC w/GM 3 bar MAP sensor, APEXi S-AFC, Walbro 255lph fuel pump, ProSport EVO Series Boost / Fuel Pressure / AFR gauges, Lotek a Pillar Gauge Pod, HKS Type 0 Turbo Timer, Eibach Lowering Springs, Tokico Illumina II TEMS struts, custom powder coated Motegi Racing TrakLite wheels
btwilson86 is offline   Reply With Quote