View Single Post
Old 02-20-2009, 04:25 AM   #14
tsupranami
Intake

tsupranami is on a distinguished road

I usually use a dremel with a cutting disk to cut a slot into the bolt end big enough for a flathead. You can also replace the entire thermostat housing if you can't get the broken bolt out, as it bolts to the block with three bolts (two studs/1 bolt.)

As for the heater hose, it's a Supra. Which means that normal auto parts stores don't carry most parts for it (including almost all the molded hoses except the upper and lower radiator hoses). I believe the heater hose will be Dealer or junkyard only. Maybe someone is making them now, but for the past ten years, whenever I go to Schucks, NAPA, or the like, they have almost nothing available that is Supra specific, in stock or special order. That's why my dealer gives me wholesale pricing, since I order parts for mine and several friends Supras on a regular basis.

It's just part of life with such a limited production car. Toyota didn't sell many Supras (relative to their other models) so most parts stores do not stock any Supra-specific parts, and if available at all, they usually have to order them.

Spudz - Supras weren't designed to use valved pressure relief caps (the one's with the little levers to relieve pressure). Get an OEM one from the Dealer, assuming the radiator is stock or OEM replacement. Fluidyne radiators work best with Fluidyne rad caps, etc.. If that doesn't work, there are probably other problems with your cooling system.
89 Turbo Targa 5spd, 18x10 w/275/35/18, 18x9 w/245/40/18, Brembo CD rotors, Hawk pads, SS lines, HKS coilovers, ST sways, 1 pc. AL DS, V3 shifter, RPSmax PP w/HPF ferramic disk, custom crank, Eagle Rods, JE pistons, Ferrea valves, BC 264 cams, Fidanza cam gears, Walbro FP, AFPR, RC660 inj., Blitz SUS, Lexus AFM, SP 47trim CT26, HKS SSQ BOV, 2.5" AL IC pipes/FMIC, Lipp turbo elbow, RT DP, Greddy SP catback, HKS FCD, AEM Uego WB, Apex'i SAFC, Apex'i AVCR, EGT, Fluidyne AL rad, Flexalite fans.
tsupranami is offline   Reply With Quote