Thread: Oil pan leaking
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2009, 05:15 PM   #10
tsupranami
Intake

tsupranami is on a distinguished road

Hey Charles,

Yeah, I should have thought of it before. The oil pressure sending unit has failed on a couple of Supras that I work on. It could very well be a big part of the leak. When it leaks, pressure readings drop...two bird with one stone, perhaps??

Oil pump failure is rare under 200k mi. Mine was working fine when I pulled it at well over 200k. The gauge is still typical OEM though- slow and lazy so as not to frighten average owners with rapid fluctuations.

One of my Supra buddies here in the TC made his own aluminum intake. I'm gonna give him a call and see what he'd charge me to fab up a few more.

The shop that built my motor is gonna do the FMIC and hardpipe fab next week, so I'll ask them as well. I'll keep you posted.

I hardly ever get out anymore, but if you ever get out this way, by all means let me know when and we can get together and trade war stories.

VW TDI's have 'adjustable' software onboard?!? Cool! Here we go again...my car is smarter than your car...hahhahaha. Soon it's gonna be Mhz and gigabits, not HP and TQ we start bragging about! lol!

Rob
89 Turbo Targa 5spd, 18x10 w/275/35/18, 18x9 w/245/40/18, Brembo CD rotors, Hawk pads, SS lines, HKS coilovers, ST sways, 1 pc. AL DS, V3 shifter, RPSmax PP w/HPF ferramic disk, custom crank, Eagle Rods, JE pistons, Ferrea valves, BC 264 cams, Fidanza cam gears, Walbro FP, AFPR, RC660 inj., Blitz SUS, Lexus AFM, SP 47trim CT26, HKS SSQ BOV, 2.5" AL IC pipes/FMIC, Lipp turbo elbow, RT DP, Greddy SP catback, HKS FCD, AEM Uego WB, Apex'i SAFC, Apex'i AVCR, EGT, Fluidyne AL rad, Flexalite fans.
tsupranami is offline   Reply With Quote