Makavelli
3" Exhaust

Makavelli is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by suprra_girl@Jul 30 2005, 10:01 AM
LOL

1. mechanics don't know 7m's LOL

2. alot of us have been there done that

you really need to do a compression check, leak down test and block check (uses blue fluid in a bottle which you put in the radiator cap, if it changes to yellow bhg is present)

you do those 3 things... i guess you could be fairly certain it's got no bhg lol

things i suggest...

if those check out fine... start saving for a new gasket and new head bolts.... you WILL need them at some stage

and don't forget when you do the hg clean surfaces, check head for cracks warps etc, clean block... new hg, new bolts, torque to 72ft lbs/92nm

racing will only blow the hg if you detonate... other than that... the gasket can handle if installed correctly that is
Well, guess I gotta disagree w/ya. I had my new ride checked out by a Toyota Master Tech (who owns 2 Supras himself) and he gave it a clean bill of health. He went on to say that the BHG's are primarily modified cars that've gone through many owners and havent been well taken care of. Since this is a one owner car and has been meticously maintained, he said it should be fine. I can see his point...I've read post on other forums where people have bad turbos, or even bad trannys, all kinds of crap and are still driving, STILL RACING their cars. They deserve whatever they get.

Still not satisfied, though, I bought an aftermarket extended powertrain warranty for it. 5 yrs, 100k additional miles for $1000 (the price to fix one BHG).

Either way, I should be fine.

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Stock...for now</span>
Makavelli is offline   Reply With Quote