Thread: autocross
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2005, 01:44 PM   #7
daiagaru2
3" Exhaust

daiagaru2 is on a distinguished road

how'd ya like my zoolander impression,i've been working on it.any how tune carefully and slowly,like poodles sais tires and suspension and brake upgrades should be in order,i completely agree.better to handle well with less power than to handle bad with to much power.as you'd slowly test and tune the car part by part you will see what improvements are yeilded by each one,then you have something to compare to.after you think yer done with the suspention move on to the motor,keep in mind with more power comes more difficulty in putting it down to the ground,so after you've repeated the upgade process with the engine it will be neccissary to to see if the upgraded suspension needs more work(modification or adjustment in a coil over set up,or sway bar adjustment,camber,toe)to hook up how you want.tis is all alot of work and research but would you rather have been eating donuts?i say ney my brothers and sisters,get out there get greesy and grimey then haul ass.it also depends on what you auto cross designation is,i run under the sp (street prepared)class.wich meens i cannot gut the car of it's trim and inner moulding,no exhaust system is needed,no bov,don't need one when the exhaust is 1'6'' long,no backpreasure on turbo so the bov never goes off anyway.most suspension upgradas are legal.i run a 1jz-gte with pfcon,gcc,cold air intake,my own special exhaust,and completely upgraded brakes and suspension(every damn thing is on here),my special harness bar,4 pnt 3'' harness.everything has been done to this car,it dyno's at 347 hp to the wheels and the power is just perfect,not too much not to little for lowspeed high skill tracks.
daiagaru2 is offline   Reply With Quote