View Single Post
Old 12-17-2008, 04:33 AM   #2
Chambers
walbro fp

Chambers is on a distinguished road

Hi there, welcome. Sounds like you got yourself a very good platform to start from. I would suggest checking out driftmotion.com for a spearco replica intercooler, and intercooler piping kit. Your spool time will be much quicker, and if you want to upgrade the turbo, I would sugest you go with a upgraded stock one, driftmotion carries them as well.

If I had a stock turbo car, I would look into intercooler, intake, and exhaust. Doing a turbo back exhaust inconjunction with the intercooler and intake will make your turbo spool way quicker than stock. You can also shim the wastegate to allow the turbo to build a few more pounds of boost, but if it is shimed to much without the aide of a fuel computer then you will hit fuel cut and run the risk of hurting your engine. As for brand name of the three mods, I can't give you any hints there. I have a old school HKS exhaust, and I can't see buying anything else.

To post pictures you need to find your self a picture hosting web site, I use imageshack.us. After you upload the pic, you need to copy the html code and put it in the post, then it will show up. BillUK, a user here, has a good tutorial around somewhere.

Hope this helps, good luck.

1986.5 Toyota Supra - NA - 5 spd
1986 Ford Ranger Lowrider - 5 spd
1984 Ford Ranger XLT - 7" Lift - 4X4 - Auto
"Stuck in the 80's"
Chambers is offline   Reply With Quote